Tuesday, May 17, 2011

They do, but I don't... yet.

I'm photographing my first wedding this weekend.
I'm half excited and half absolutely nervous. Documenting this momentous day in my friends' lives is up to me?
It's surreal, actually.
But then again, I am excited. I'm so excited for them. I'm so excited for her! I've sat next to her so many nights while she scourged the internet for inspiration, and tried to juggle her own desires with her fiancé's and her mother's and his mother's, etc. I can't wait to see how it all fits together. It's going to be stunning.

Exactly one week after photographing that wedding, I'll be traveling to Florida to attend another.
And two weekends after that?
I'll be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding.

So what is with all of this Love and Marriage? I know that it's wedding season, but why is it that this year I know all of the Brides and Grooms?
I'm surrounded by couples who have found that special someone. And I'm happy for them, very happy for them. And I'm excited for them, and I am full of hope and prayers and best wishes for them.

Yet, I can't help but wish for my own groom. Who is he? What's he like? Where is he? Who is he with right now? What is his life like? What is his heart like? Will my parents love him right away, or will it take years? Is he someone I know, or is he someone that I haven't met?
Will he fit right in with my family? God, I hope so.
Will he play guitar and drink beer on occasion? God, I hope so.
Will he have this beautiful, loving heart underneath his calloused, hard working hands? God, I hope so.
Will he love God and talk to me about it, and listen to me when I need to talk about it? God, he had better.  
And what about me? Will I be the woman he's always dreamed of?

Ah, well. There is a time for everything, and sometimes the waiting and the dreaming can be a lot of fun.
Especially with men like Russell Crowe and Gerard Butler on the big screen.
=) 

No comments:

Post a Comment