Thursday, March 31, 2011

Working through life issues within one post

I'm really discouraged.
I only have one semester of my undergraduate left... and I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do with my life. I don't even know what I want to do.
I have very general goals... and no real idea of how to attain them.
So... in the spirit of at least focusing on something... here are my general goals, in no specific order:

1) Make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
2) Have a family.
3) Make art... especially with my (someday) kids.
4) Have a Bluegrass-Folk band.
5) Make music. Perform music. Record music. Share music. Enjoy music.
6) Love and be loved.

I've been thinking about Music Therapy a lot lately. I really believe in it. Playing and writing music has always been therapy for me. And I want to help people...

Music is such a powerful coping mechanism, and it's an opportunity to say what needs to be said without holding back.

For some, music inspires. For others, music gives courage.
Some may simply need a moment of escape from life... and how much more constructive is music than other avenues of escape?

And music is so valid; it expresses so many things: worship, love, guilt, anger, sadness, joy, compassion...

I guess this all seems very settled.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry and don't overwhelm yourself. I have been in your shoes and I know exactly how you feel, God will open doors for you, I promise!

    ReplyDelete